Saturday, February 7, 2015

DIY Office Accessories

Hello all! I've been working hard to get my office put together and wanted to share an easy DIY to add some flare to your desk. Today we are painting ceramic bowls to store our paper clips and thumb tacks. Here's what you will need. 

SUPPLIES
Ceramic bowls- I got mine from target
Ceramic paint
Paint brush


Paint the outside or inside of your bowls. Paint a coat and let dry about 30 minutes before applying the next coat, I did 4 coats total. 


I've read that you need to let the painted ceramic dry 48 hours and then bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. I did this, but I didn't see a difference in aesthetic or feel, so I'm not sure if it is truly necessary. 

Now you have super cute bowls to store your office supplies. 



Be inspired and create! 



No comments:

Post a Comment